status38
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

European Delivery - 2011 Le Mans Blue E92

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
The trip was complete chaos and the most fun I've had in my life. We went from Munich - > Stuttgart -> Nurburg -> Brussells -> Amsterdam with a few stops and detours on the side.

Let me also add that I am no journalist, I need to let the pictures do the talking for me! So there is a wall of pictures, and if you close the thread now or just skip over everything I won't be offended! We took well over 3,500 photos during the 10 day trip and I've tried to cull those down to some that people may find interesting.

The album can be found here if you prefer a slideshow: Europe - 2011

Our driver, Rolf mentioned there were some traffic delays for the normal route to the Welt so he took us on a detour that led us to the Schleissheim.

After the factory tour we returned to the Premium Lounge where we got our first glimpse of my new baby!

Rolf (different Rolf!) fires up the turntable and the car begins to spin. Nothing short of breathtaking.

Delivery finally completed after more than a year of plotting! Rolf was a great guy and very knowledgeable. His english was also quite good.

We also met a guy from Bimmerpost who was picking up a 1M the same day. Pics really don't do it justice, the 1M looks much better in person.

The BMW Museum was also very cool, it was closed during my first ED in 2008 so it was nice to finally get to see it. Some of the classic bikes were amazing.

There's definitely no shortage of photo opportunities on the way to Neuschwanstein!

After Neuschwanstein, we stopped by the Dachau Concentration Camp. As morbid as it was, I'm glad we went.

After a very crazy and long night in Munich, we headed to Stuttgart for the Porsche Museum.

After the Porsche Museum we decided to press on for a while more, knowing we needed to be at the Nurburgring in time for our 11AM Ring Taxi ride the next day.

We found a nice hotel in Worms, about an hour and a half from the Ring.

After checking into the Am Tiergarten and noticing you can see the Ring from your room, you know you made the right choice in hotels

Down at the Ring Taxi, we made it!

Appreciate 0