Verd1chtete 1ntensität
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i E82

Garage List
2008 135i E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saebb
n my oppinion, you have to look forward and not backwards all the time. Have you been directly involved in German attacks during the WWII? I guess not.
Well said.. nothing to add!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummelenj View Post
BMW was forced to participate in making engines and other machinery for Nazi-Germany, so driving BMW is also wrong??
BMW built the engines of the well known "Ju-52" and "Fw-190".. BMW also manufactured the engines of the first, tactical and operational used jet-fighter in history.. the Me-262. After the war, BMW restarted the production and produced mainly kitchen equipment... and now, you know it.. :P Driving it every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90T
FW-190 would make sense as it was a BMW engine in that plane. Despite the air force it was associated with it was still a brilliant peice of machinery
This is definitely an offense against the american planes such as P-51 and P-47..
In different aviation forums you can find guys, saying that the german fighter planes (all over) were bullshit³..

Back to Topic: As a german, born in munich and a little bit rooted to USA (my grandfather was born in New Jersey) i cant find ANY bad connection to the german word "Luftwaffe".. its just the "Air Force" (also already said in this thread). It was always called the "Luftwaffe"... never mind in which time period it was.
Now I dont want to offend someone.. but i cant understand why people connecting bad reputations with this word and say "its not politcal correct" As above mentioned.. it just says "Airforce".

For sure.. the german started bombing cities and so on.. but the british and amercian airforce did the same, didnt they?
So why is the word not political correct.. i would be very pleased if someone can give me a good explanation on this.. For me its more than 60 years ago and i dont have any direct connection from my person to this time. Thats why this discussion makes no sense in my thinking.. ;-)

Edit: Keep cool and enjoy driving your BMW!

BMW 135i E82 - 6 MT - ///M-Sport - M 261 - Black Saphir - Xenon - PDC - NaviProf - BMW Online - BMW Assist - HiFi Sound System
Appreciate 0