Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.25]
2015 BMW X5  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpriest View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFerry View Post
Johnathan does some good stuff but I'm always a little suspicious when he tests at a tire manufacturer's facility because then their products seem to win his tests. Even the GY Supercar 3 testing that he did at Nelson Ledges - and was sponsored by GY - the GY SC3 and GYSC3R were the winners (came out on top)..
That test though is pretty much is accurate with what I've experienced with GY SC3 vs GY SC3R vs Pilot Sport Cup2 on my GT3RS. GY SC3 < Pilot Cup 2 < GY SC3R < Sport Cup2R

GY SC3R are pretty much the fastest 19" tires I can run other than Pirelli PZero slicks in GT3RS sizes of 265/35/19 325/30/19.

Pilot Sport Cup2R are fastest but my god, that thing only lasts for ONE SESSION at that high speed. Then it just falls off a cliff. It's not a tire for practice use, that's for damn sure!
That's great information. Johnathan's test agrees with your fastest tire experience where on a GT3 RS he found the Pilot Sport Cup 2R was the fastest but he found the GY SC3R grip dropped off more between those two tires in his own circuit testing. See his lap time delta in the photo below from lap 1 and lap 4.

As mentioned earlier he conducted his test at Michelin's test center using a car on loan from Porsche.. and the Michelin won. The host tire manufacturer's product winning the test seems to happen a lot whenever Johnathan tests at a tire manufacturer's facilities.

From Johnathan's test: "The Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport RS, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 R and Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R are regarded as three of the fastest road-legal track day tyres in the world. To find out which of these three semi slick tires reign supreme, I've borrowed a 991.2 Porsche 911 GT3 RS, and have use of Michelin's tyre test facility in central France to run my own tyre testing program."

Pilot Sport Cup 2R vs. GY SC3R vs. Trofeo R
Attached Images

'08 E92 M3 DCT Melbourne Red/Bamboo Beige Leather/EDC/SSP Spec-R DCT clutch discs/SSP Pro-Gold DCT Fluid/Quaife LSD/3:45 Final Drive by Diffs Online/BE Bearings & ARP Bolts/Vibra Technics Engine Mounts/M3 World HFC X-Pipe/LUX H8 180/BPM Sport DCT Tune/PFC Z-Rated Pads/ECS Brass Brake Caliper Bushings/Alex Shop Solid Sub-frame Bushings/Motul 600/Tint
Appreciate 3
slcook541863.00
rhyary1572.00