View Single Post
      08-12-2008, 06:25 PM   #1
Juano11
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 DCT Coupe

Question for those that have ordered an 09 coupe

I'm aching to pull the trigger and order my 09 DCT Coupe.

I was willing to buy an 08, but my CA informs me that she cannot find one with the color/options that I want, so it looks like I'll be ordering one.

That said, my question is what kind of deal have you guys that are waiting for your 09 been able to get? Did the price increase for an 09 vs a new 08?

Another poster here was able to get a loaded 08 DCT at invoice this past weekend. A co-worker got a sedan with MT for $500 over invoice from the same dealer. But, both of these were sitting on the lot.

I think that I'd pull the trigger very soon if I thought that I could get one around $1000 over invoice, but I've waited a long time for my M3 and could wait longer, if I had to, to get a good deal.

I haven't started talking price with my CA, but I want to know if I am even in the ballpark before I start negotiating. Are dealers less willing to negotiate on ordered cars? I can see two schools of thought here: dealers are obviously willing to negotiate to get stock off of their lot. On the other hand, by ordering a car, your essentially telling them that "I'll give you $X if you order this car for me". It's a pretty low risk proposition for them.

This will be my first purchase of anything approaching this price range. In fact, it will be my first new car purchase.

Any guidance you guys could give would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Appreciate 0