Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Seems just a tad weak to me unless there is written docs proving that US 135 gets BER. Can you confirm that?
Yes, the evidence is somewhat sketchy with what I have provided.
I do not have a document confirming NA 1-series BER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifth Gear
16/1/07

The BMW 1 Series will get a mid-life facelift and numerous engine enhancements this spring. A sporty new three-door variant will also be introduced.

A series of (relatively small) styling changes seem to tone-down some of designer Chris Bangle's trademark 'flame surfacing', including a new front bumper, a more prominent grille and revised headlights. Elongated doors and a repositioned B-pillar are the main alterations on the three-door variant.

Major changes can be found amongst the oily bits, where new or revised extra-efficient engines have been introduced. Performance and economy has been enhanced across the range; the most improved engine is the 118d which has 21bhp more power and is 19% more fuel efficient. In fact, the 118d will be the most efficient BMW on sale, offering 60mpg.

These economical engines are assisted by new BMW technology like a Brake Energy Regeneration (BER) system, which will also be introduced on the revised 5 Series. This innovative system uses a newly developed alternator that stores energy when the brakes are applied, allowing (says BMW) for a 2-3% improvement in fuel economy.
Greg won't like this description. However, it is to point out that the 1-series is getting BER.

http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain.jsp?lnk=101&id=2064