View Single Post
      08-20-2008, 02:40 AM   #9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
Let me see if I've got your story straight.

First, you use suggestive driving to provoke the GTO driver into a situation where he almost gets into an accident. Arguing that the situation was only caused by the truck's driver's bad driving and not also the GTO's "dropping the hammer" is disingenuous at best.

Second, after being "thwarted" from your illegal activity by slow moving traffic (i.e., law abiding drivers), you then choose to stop light race up to 125 mph on a public freeway access road. I'm curious as to what access road you were on that didn't involve merging traffic, intersections, driveways, or a posted speed limit of only 45 mph.

Third, you have the cajones to post your story here and attempt to frame your recklessness as "safe racing"? Do you really think we're all so stupid that we'll believe that nearly tripling the speed limits on public roads in the middle of a highly populated metropolitan area is safe?

I guess your behavior doesn't sound nearly as safe or as cool when I describe it. Get this straight: there is no safe racing on public streets, certainly not to the speeds you reached.

In case you're wondering why I'm so pissed off: (1) one of my best friends was killed by jackasses street racing like you, and (2) I live in Houston.

This thread should be locked/deleted.
Kindly shove that crock of BS.

People have died tripping and falling coming out of the shower. Perhaps we should only be sprayed by a hose?

People have died changing lightbulbs falling off a ladder.

People have died doing all kinds of activities, some reckless some not, throughout the ages.

I am sorry for your loss but don't go about imposing your beliefs and taking out your aggression on others. Take a look at yourself before you start doling out advice like some saint. We are all to believe you never exceed the speed limit on the street That M3 on order is being delivered straight to the track, right?

I don't see where the guy said what he did was safe, but I got the impression that it was within reason to apply some pressure to the throttle. He mentioned safety when telling OTHERS to race safe.
Appreciate 0