06-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #6
Sleeper519
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo M3 View Post
Interesting post. I have toyed with the idea of trading in my E90 M3 for a Cayman R or the '13 Cayman S. I really want to move from the large M3 to a smaller, more nimble two-seater. What is currently holding me back is the amazing V8 in our cars, and the practicality that the E9x M3 affords.
^^^ This, exactly.

I still love love my M3 but have lusted after the Cayman R recently, too.

I track my M3 though, and really appreciate the practicality of loading up my DD with all my track wheels, tools, jack, canopy, cooler, etc, and going to a weekend event. All the Porsche guys are jealous when I show up and dump all that crap out in the paddock (sort of like that old schtik with the dozen clowns getting out of a Volkswagon beetle). They have to trailer it (heaven forbid) or skimp on all the track gear.

I'm not really a vert guy, but if I lived in Cali I might go for the Spyder, too!

2008 M3 Coupe / DCT // StopTech BBK 380/355 / Pagid RS29 / Motul / Apex Arc-8 / BFG R1S / Ground Control / MS filter / Performance spoiler / BPM tune // Road Atlanta 1:39.70 / VIR Full 2:10.87 / Barber 1:42.20
Appreciate 0