View Single Post
      06-09-2007, 02:24 AM   #1
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Talking YES! I caught an Interlagos Blue M3 testing today!!

It was my lucky day today! I took the day off and was cruising the Malibu canyons this afternoon when I saw THIS!!!

Name:  hans1.jpg
Views: 19368
Size:  91.2 KB

He was coming the other way on Decker Canyon and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The powerdome and halo-headlights looked MEAN coming at me and it was the sure sign that THIS was the M3!! I whipped my Evo around as soon as I had room (i was on a narrow canyon road) and took off after him. He was held up by traffic so I was able to close in and cruise behind him for quite awhile.

Name:  hans2.jpg
Views: 15737
Size:  78.2 KB

Cruising behind him, I was straining to hear the exhaust. There wasn't as much noise as I would have liked to hear. I'm thinking an aftermarket exhaust will be a nice mod!

Name:  hans3.jpg
Views: 14798
Size:  118.7 KB

I could tell he was frustrated by the truck in front of us, but the car was still pretty quick. The suspension looked really stiff as it negotiated the tight corners. It almost looked like it wanted to lift the inside rear wheel in a few turns. Stiff. Sorry I couldn't get a pic of that because I was driving!
However, we came back into the city and I got a few more pics and a couple of videos! BTW did I say Interlagos Blue looks incredible on this car? It also had a Sepang interior, or an interior that looks identical to the Sepang that's on the Z4M Coupe.

Name:  hans4.jpg
Views: 14868
Size:  94.8 KB
Name:  hans5.jpg
Views: 13879
Size:  84.2 KB
Name:  hans6.jpg
Views: 15711
Size:  90.3 KB

I got 2 videos. I only had a regular old digital camera with me, and it can't take very long clips. But you can see the car in action! I waited for him to take off first so you could hear the exhaust without hearing noise from my Evo. He took off pretty quickly, but the entire time I was following him, we were in traffic, so I really didn't get a feel for how fast the car was. I think it was faster than my stock Evo though...
Sorry it's a little shakey, I was driving and shifting and holding the camera at the same time....

Here's a shorter one from the other side, you can hear it take off...

I finally pulled up to the guy and told him "that's my car! I've been on the waiting list for 2 years!" --- I'm not sure he understood me but he was nice, German accent and only said "It'll be available soon" I could have followed him all afternoon but I wanted to get back to the canyon roads and he was hitting the freeway. I was actually out to get some pics of my Evo today, so here is the pic of my "chase" car....

The car looked like it was in final form, minus the badges. Oh and the muffler didn't look as bad in person as it does in some of the pics that are circulating....
It was a good day!
Appreciate 0