11-05-2012, 08:00 AM   #18
ortho281
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
That tire looks about 50% worn. I've never experienced the RS3s heat cycling out in the 2 sets I've worn down to the cords. They've been good until the cords are about the show. I just corded 2 fronts this past weekend and I was only 1-2 seconds of my pace.

I would hold off on R-Comps unless you are comfortable sliding the car. They have more grip but when they let up its a lot more abrupt so anticipation is the key. from what I've read, NT01s are not recommended for wet driving so you would likely need to swap tires or bring an extra set. For me, the extra second you MIGHT get from a R-Comp just ain't worth the added pain of bringing MORE crap to the track, MORE work to get your car ready, and MORE money because those NT01s won't last nearly as long as those RS3s.

A silver E46 ran NT01s this weekend for the first time and we ran just about the same lap times. We usually run really close and he might gain a little bit on me once he gets used to the NT01s. The difference was when it rained, he left and I stayed and ran 2 sessions. Or he could have stayed and changed to street tires in the rain...just saying...
NT01's already delivered. I will try this set and if I don't like handling, may switch back to RS3's. For wet days I will switch back to stock PSS, which are better than both RS3's and NT01's in the wet. The NT01's were $400 less than RS3's delivered, so cost/sessions may work out to be the same. How was MSRH?
Attached Images

Akra GT4 / MS Stage 2 / MS UDP / BPM Tune / KW CS / H&R Sways / TMS Delrin / ST 380/355 BBK / Cantrell 2.5" Ducts / SR34 Pads / Apex Arc-8 / Hoosier R7's / Mode GT4 Splitter / GT4 Canards / APR GT-250 Wing / Cantrell Half Cage / Recaro Pro Racer / Schroth Profi II-6 / BMW Alcantera Wheel / Cool Shirt / ESS Fire Supp / Solo DL
Appreciate 0