View Single Post
      10-28-2007, 01:31 PM   #29
enigma
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 and Elise

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
I agree with Swamp on this one. This car is being marketed to the public as a mass production car. Nissan released this video on purpose. If they made major mods to the car, anything other than tires, they will look pretty stupid in a week or two. They know that.
And what it it was a "competition package" option on the car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Not sure what you mean by the "accuracy of the statistics" here. Statistics are used to deal with variations due to unknown causes. That's the whole point. You obtain a std. error (posted) for the whole population which tells you something about the shape of the distribution. If you have a data point many std. errors away from the expected value, then you have an outlier. Statistics can tell you that accurately. The GTR is an outlier in that sense. That's all the chart/stats is saying. We will probably find out what makes it an outlier in a few weeks.
What I mean is this. power/weight is just one of many factors. We know what many of the other factors are. Tires, suspension, drivetrain. Now if you had hundreds or throustands of data points I would start to believe you did regress the data you meant to. However, you don't have enough data points to eliminate the other factors like tires from influencing the overall trend line.
Appreciate 0