View Single Post
      05-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #17
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradocs98 View Post
You're right, but it is nice when you find a service advisor who is an enthusiast him/herself, and understands. Many of them, though, just follow the script and punch things in the computer. In the past at this dealer I've had SA's who are accommodating and great to deal with, one of which was actually a racer who was between sponsors/rides. But the turnover has been high lately, and now I'm dealing with brand-new people that I have no relationship with--kind of frustrating when you've been with the same dealer for 10 years, and leased 6 cars from them during that time.
The honest truth is service advisors like that gets burned out. That's why mine left the dealership. They're too enthusiastic and love the brand TOO MUCH to watch the parade of morons come across his desk that has no idea what they bought. I remember every time I went to visit him for some work on the car, he'd complain about what a sh*tty day he's had and all the idiots he had to deal with on a daily basis. And I sympathize. I personally would NEVER want to be an SA, although I can guarantee you that had I been able to stomach what he had to deal with on a daily basis, I'd be a damn good SA.

So, yeah. I've gotten to the point where if the dealership don't care, I don't care. It's a business and frankly, I don't think they'll care if I take it elsewhere (which I have).
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0