01-01-2012, 11:13 PM   #35
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer84 View Post
Sounds like a lot of scared trigger happy people who could have shot someone just offering help. This guys not going to pull up next to you and ask if you need help. That would require him to stop on a highway in a lane, and risk killing himself, not to mention apparently everyone in here would have shot him anyway.
sorry to tell you, but at 3am in a lot of the states, this is a very easy thing to do. There is next to no traffic in a lot of cases.

I've pulled up beside people a few times to see if they are ok, and if they've phoned for help. I never get out of my car, as you never know if they people at the side of the road are setting a trap. In fact, i usally lock my doors as i pull up to see if people need help.

If you're stopping on a highway, it's for a split second after checking your mirrors and blind spots. You obviously don't linger. You have a pretty good idea of what is around you once you've checked all possible scenerios.

crack window, don't open fully, yell across "everything ok?", then people say they are ok, then you floor it out of there.... Job done.

I towed an entire family and their kids basketball team in a Ford E-350 a few years back in the middle of texas as the sun was setting, I wasn't willing to let a bunch of young kids sit in the middle of the plains for a night.
Appreciate 0