View Single Post
      03-11-2016, 08:31 PM   #1357
TxAgUSMC
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 M3 6MT

Hey all! My wife and I just got our first M3 - a 2009 AW E92 6MT. Unfortunately, she is only 5' tall, and this is proving to cause some serious issues in her learning to drive a 3 pedal car; namely, she is having trouble getting the clutch past the engagement point while still remaining a safe distance from the steering wheel. I figured I would share my initial thoughts of how to remedy this situation (while still keeping the car drive-able for me at 5'11") with y'all and see if anyone had additional recommendations or experience with a similar issue.

1. Purchase the Ultimate Clutch Pedal for its shorter throw and slightly different design.
2. Buy a quality set of pedal covers, and after drilling to attach them, get longer bolts and fabricate a spacer of some sort to sit (firmly) between the pedal and the cover. Likely either washers or something that can be cut to fit the shape of the pedal and cover (tile or aluminum).

I figure that combining the ~1" shorter throw of the UCP with ~1-1.5" of spacers, I can make a serious dent in this problem. Any other thoughts or ideas from any of you who may have dealt with this issue before? I hope this isn't viewed as hijacking this thread, but I would really appreciate any help that's out there!

Ryan
Appreciate 0