View Single Post
      01-16-2016, 03:48 PM   #53
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Wow, really surprised the DS2500 has done double-duty so nicely! I used to run it on the street on my old Audi S4 (similar weight to the M3) and really liked it. The one time I got that car on track the pads were quite predictable, but that car wasn't as fast as the M3.

I may give these a shot on my ST40 kit if the included StopTech SP pads don't cut it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
thats sort of what i'm getting at- if someone wants to forget worrying about brakes completely, then get the essex ap racing kit.
i have the first essex ap kit for the e9x platform just on the front of my car. i'm running ferodo ds2500 pads (hybrid race/street), stainless braided lines, and castrol srf fluid. rear brakes are oem, but i have a set of ds2500 pads for the oem rears in the mail right now.
the brakes feel phenomenal on the track and never quit. always consistent- on a hybrid pad with 275 nitto nt01's. these rotors are that good. the ds2500 pads are great, but i haven't used anything else yet. sounds like the op wants something that works and doesn't want to touch them again. the ds2500's don't squeak or make any noise on the street and you would never know there was a bbk with a hybrid pad when driving the car- it drives like oem. no additional noise, no rattles, squeaks, etc., and the peddal feel is a little better than before.
not that stoptech isn't good, but if it isn't cutting it and the op doesn't want to mess with swapping pads- fluid and ducting may be wasted time/money when the real solution is a more serious bbk.