Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
I opted for the drilled rotors for street use because they looked "cool". For the occasional track day they worked fine together with the Stop Tech street pads but anything serious and I will likely go slotted rotors with upgraded pads and fluid. I can't stand brake squeal even at the track so my options on pads are more limited.
I'd just keep the drilled rotors. They work the same as slotted ones. As they get worn and cracked you do need to watch them (look front AND back) but I wouldn't ditch perfectly fine drilled rotors for slotted ones. The OE rotors can take a lot of abuse...I'm sure the stoptech rotors will be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Bigjae is correct, although technically the longer the cap is open, the more moisture you're introducing into the system, so don't leave it open longer than you have to, but as long as you keep an eye on fluid level you should be fine.
I'd rather introduce a little moisture into the system for 15 minutes by taking the lid off. If you're counting on the fluid in your reservoir to save you by maintaining the optimal boiling point...you have much bigger issues.

Plus...that used bottle of brake fluid you just topped off your reservoir with probably has a LOT more moisture in it that what's in your reservoir.
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 1