Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [8.50]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Probably because not everyone has the time to do that, and not everyone wants to live with the increased wear the track puts on the brake pads and tires. For some people using the M3 at reasonably legal speeds on the street is enough of an adrenaline rush to keep them happy.

Also, just about every car on the market can go over 100mph, and that's still overkill. And even 200hp is more than enough to merge with traffic. So never mind an M3 - why doesn't everyone just drive 4 cyl Camry? It's all anyone really needs.

Finally, in my case anyway, the tracks local to me probably wouldn't even be fast enough to let me get to redline in fourth gear anyway. So instead of getting to redline in 1st through 3rd gear, I just get to do it in 1st and 2nd. I can live with that.
I've already used your argument above to convince myself to move to more practical cars in the future. In the real world (not a racetrack) there are lots of other cars that are easier to get from A to B quickly in. As much of a pig as my RS6 was on the track, it was much easier to drive fast on the street than my e46 M3. On back roads that aren't as well maintained, the compliance of the 328i suspension is superior to that in the M3 for going fast. There are plenty of other examples.

Dinan compliment of stuff plus PF rotors and RG63s. Enough for now.
Why, yes. I am an abrasive bastard.
Appreciate 0