View Single Post
      10-01-2008, 10:47 PM   #47
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
...That’s part of the problem. The Nurburgring is a high speed track and the GTR shouldn’t have the advantage over the Porsche and especially the ZO6. The GTR was also as fast as the Corvette ZR1 on the long straight and reached a velocity speed of around 180mph (the ZR1 I think had 179mph). This alone indicates that the GTR had more power than stock.
So, you're saying the GT-R has, what, around 725 HP? Barring other factors, that's what it would need in order to run quicker than the Vette down that straight.

Of course, those other factors might include the GT-R getting a massive jump on the last corner before the straight (for obvious reasons), and also the possibility that the observed speeds aren't accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
Heinricy actually said that a manual might have been slightly faster and that he would have preferred to drive the manual. The only reason he used the automatic was because of familiarity. He said that it would have been very difficult to learn all the shift points in a couple of laps.
He didn't say any of that in the footage I've seen. Would you give me a pointer, please?

Thanks,

Bruce
Appreciate 0