View Single Post
      03-26-2014, 02:00 PM   #57
coh4777
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Coupe

Great topic and one that I have been thinking about quite a bit myself. I have come to the conclusion that having kids is not for everyone. In fact, I think it is appropriate for a lot fewer people than society would have you believe. Just look at all the broken homes and poor parenting that exists today. Raising kids is a HUGE responsibility and there should be more people like the OP who employ critical thought to deciding whether or not they have the desire and resources to have children, as opposed to just believing it's something that you're supposed to do and just doing it. Personally, I am not inclined to ever have kids, for a lot of the same reasons that the OP identified. This will sound like a paradox, but it is because of the very fact that raising children in a healthy manner is so important, that I will probbaly choose to never have them. It's hard work and unless you are fully committed to it, it's probably best not to do it.

Appreciate 0