03-07-2008, 08:34 AM   #57
rai
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 coupe with DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Here we go again. Someone posts an honest question, gets some answers with perspective, and then it turns into a I'll prove your preference is wrong and transmission X is for gender/stereotype Y discussion. Just enjoy your M3s when you get them.
I'd like to say, I never said anything bad about the DCT option. I may even buy one. I said, I believe it will be quicker (ie. launch control, gearing etc.). But given one has to be more fun than the other (it's a cop-out to say they both are the same amount of fun) I just thought probably the 3-pedal car would be slightly more fun.

There's a reason why many people prefer the 3-pedal car, even tho it's not the newest technology. It would be like why do some people enjoy going for a walk when it's not as new-fangled as driving? Some people just don't mind walking or do it for enjoyment. That does not mean driving is bad or that they never drive just that they enjoy a simple thing like moving about by their own power. Somewhat like shifting a gear using an arm and a leg. It's probably old fashoned but it's still fun to do.

Also, if any car was a pousers car how could it be the MT? That's bass ackwords. Clearly it takes more skill to shift a gear manually. Many people buy AT cars b/c they are lazy and/or they don't know how to drive stick shift. I get exchange students over here from Germany and they amused how most Americans don't know how to drive stick.

Last edited by rai; 03-07-2008 at 09:14 AM..
Appreciate 0