View Single Post
      10-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #18
Techjunkie666
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5D SAV

Yes I have them. They are the only insurance company endorsed by BMW and they always provide OEM BMW replacement parts. Other companies will use aftermarket parts for your car. You can demand for OEM parts but you end up paying the difference. With Liberty Mutual, you always get OEM parts plus they have a deal with enterprise rental car, so you can get cheaper rentals too. I have never done a claim with them and I hope I dont but atleast this is what is in the policy. I did ask other insurance companies like Geico and they told me they use aftermarket parts. Not really a good thing for the resale of you car.

I have had Progressive too. Progressive does pay out well but their premiums are higher too. I have perfect driving record with no accidents or tickets for the last 10 years but their quote was 30% more than everybody else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougeefresh View Post
I currently have GEICO as my auto insurance. I got a quote from Liberty Mutual because someone I know knows someone who's an agent and promised a better rate. Well, with the exact same coverages, the rate was about $64/year lower than GEICO. The agent also said that LM has a partnership with BMW that they will only use BMW OEM parts for repair.
Is there any truth to this? $64 difference doesn't matter much to me. But then again, I am thinking if my M3 needs a repair, are there any generic or non-OEM parts that can be used for M3 repair anyway?

I've done some research and there are some nasty reviews about Liberty Mutual so I am hesitating.
Appreciate 0