10-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #13
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by W12x View Post
It's Progressive's policy to cover any new vehicle purchased by the policy holder for 30 days even if he/she did not add it to the policy.

My other car is currently covered by Progressive and the premium was very reasonable for the coverage amount, and knowing how Progressive pays for totaled cars is certainly a peace of mind. HOWEVER, I don't know how good Progressive is when it comes to repairing a damaged vehicle.
That's not Progressive's policy, that's the state law. New (whether purchased from a dealer or from an individual) vehicle coverage extends 30 days from the date of purchase (I used to work for USAA in a past life ). As far as paying for damaged vehicles, my M was backed into in a parking lot, and suffered from some front end damage from a low speed (5mph bumper impact from a truck w/a trailer hitch). Hood, bumper cover, passenger's side head light, radiator support, and some misc. bracketry came to $6k. All OEM parts replacement (I actually had to wait 9 days for a hood to come in from Germany), and it went to the shop where exotics in my area get repaired, @ their recommendation. Hit on Monday, I was seen on Tuesday morning @ their service center and it was @ the body shop Tuesday afternoon. Paid my deductible when all was finished (hit and run), and that was that. No hassles.

I like to insurance shop. In the past 2 years, I've gone from Geico > Progressive > Allstate > Liberty Mutual > Nationwide. Those last 3, I changed in the past 6 weeks. I always carry the same 100/300/100 in liability, and I play w/my deductibles. I just switched to Nationwide b/c I was able to get $100 comp and collision deductibles for both the car and truck, a $4000 mod rider on my truck, a $6000 mod rider on the car, as well as OEM only parts replacement for the car.....for almost $1200/yr *cheaper* than Allstate, and I was carrying $500 deductibles for the car and $100/$500 for my truck! Saving $1200/yr and the ability to carry next-to-nothing deductibles? Yeah, I'm all over that.

Last edited by whats77inaname; 10-18-2013 at 10:10 AM..
Appreciate 0