View Single Post
      10-17-2013, 10:25 PM   #6
W12x
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3, Z/28, Evo Final Edition

We had LM for a long time and this was a few years ago when I had the E53 X5, some girl hit the passenger side of my bumper and I called LM, went to a repair facility to get an estimate, the repair facility they told me to go was not a BMW place but a Dodge/Jeep dealership and they wanted to use refurbished parts for the repair, I told them no way and called LM again, and after some arguing they agreed to pay for a repair at a BMW dealership with new OEM parts.

Not sure if LM had the agreement with BMW back then but I'd be very careful with any 'promise' that insurance companies make, if you don't watch out they will probably screw you somehow.

On the other hand, my friend had Progressive insurance and totaled two cars within two years (one where he slide into a ditch due to severe weather condition and the car was submerged by water, the other one where the car was hit by another vehicle when stopped in emergency zone on highway, and the insurance company of the other company refused to pay) and Progressive paid very good money for both cars without any problem, and one of the vehicles totaled was just purchased and not even listed on the policy at the time of the accident.
Appreciate 0