View Single Post
      07-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #478
Modena NYC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90

ok - back with my second round of impressions.

like topspeedinc. i was skeptical and when i first picked the car up i was disappointed. From a dig the car felt sluggish, especially in 1st and 2nd gear. The curve def felt FLATTER until the upper register.

Since the first day, i've put 800 miles on the car. 650 due to a road trip with the family (so not really hammering it, but steady 4,5 and 6th gear hwy pulls and sustained "quick" speeds for hours). hmmm i thought, there def feels like there is more there. at low rpms in even 6th i felt more tug. and this was with a loaded car, AC on and 95 deg heat. kept driving and wasn't sure.

Today, did 150 HARD miles on my own. Again, with AC and in 95 deg heat. Its quicker. She now pulls like a banshee right from the beginning. I think the car is still adapting to my driving style etc. While with the 08 tune the curve seemed to have steps, lots of timing, then flat, then it would pick up, then would finally spike above 6500 - this tune is more refined, gives more low end torque and as such gives a steady pulling sensation till redline. i like it. I still think the 08 tune might have been a tiny bit more agressive right off idle, which made this little torqueless monster feel good, but i'll take the other improvements as a trade off.

Topspeedinc, i would try hammering the car and putting more miles on her. i use 93 octane only.
Appreciate 0