View Single Post
      06-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #42
DeepSeaLandry
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E90 DCT

So just wanted to update you all on what I have driven and where I stand on my car choice. I know that I narrowed my selection down to a want for a GT type car (based on my experience in the super fast GTR). So in the last two days on top of my previous test drives, I drove a 2011 Nissan GTR, 2012 Maserati Gran Turismo S, and a 2012 Jaguar XKR-S.

GTR:
Pros - Fastest car I have ever driven
Cons - Its a Nissan, gearbox was clunky, felt too computer assisted, already had strange noises coming from right rear tire area and rear diff (dealer said it was the normal and from the gearbox, but i was happening over bumps)

Maserati:
Pros - Best outside look, super sexy, best sounding car of everything I have driven, its an exclusive italian car.
Cons - Cheap interior that already has things wrong with it (17 miles on the car), most expensive, least powerful car of all the ones I have driven (I believe the M3 is faster)

Jaguar:
Pros - Very fast (lots of TQ/HP), very luxurious interior, great deal
Cons - Its bright blue!

***sigh*** Its a bummer that I am feeling like I have to compromise when I am looking at cars at this level. Truthfully I am really liking the Jag, just not sure about that color. I think it looks great, but I think it is a little "in your face". Just being honest with you all and blasting out what I am thinking. Not complaining or anything. Heh, not a bad problem to have, choosing a high dollar car. As always, I appreciate you feedback.
Appreciate 0