09-17-2009, 09:07 AM   #76
Bols
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F36 AW 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
S-Line is the same as M/Sport. I understood the Performance line was a level above the M/Sport or is it just the same only labeled differently from country to country?

Another thing, what ever happened to the OEM BMW alloys, their optional ones always looked great but now I can understand why everyone goes aftermarket.

I know it's a very personal thing but in my opinion no one does estate cars as nice as Audi and no one makes their performance estate models as stunning as an Audi RS Avant.
Never really understood the performance line and where it's positioned actually, we have Msport aswell, but the parts cost about as much when compared.

And you are right, most rims look really small and take every agressive part away of the car. Some of the M types are pure win in the right sizes though.

I see very much where you are coming from, the Audi's have perfect lines as you'd expect them to run and no surprise kinks anywhere, especially the A6 & RS6 demonstrate that to the fullest. The 5er & 3er touring have a personality to them but to me the 5er touring full M-sport is one of the sexiest cars around. I don't know if you see many of those though. the 3 touring is a love or hate car, it has a special sight to it and is worthless without the right gear on. Audi vs BMW has become a seriously confusing tie-game to me concerning looks, i'd like to say the E92 is the looker, but then I see the A5, i'd like to say the A4-A6 etc are the looker, but then i see a packed 335i or 5er M-sport ... Only thing i really like more is the fact BMW doesn't have any LED DRL's. I love them on the R8 & S5, but hate what they have become since on every other model around and they can't beat the angel eyes for me.
Appreciate 0