View Single Post
      04-16-2017, 07:46 PM   #124
rb1997
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 Comp. Ed. Frozen Grey

What would you do?

First: thanks for all the tips and experience from everyone else's spoiler installs; nothing is better than learning from everyone's experiences; good or bad. So, I set out to remove my OEM spoiler on my M3 frozen Silver Competition Edition. Upon removing all the adhesive (used WD-40, GooGone, 3M Adhesive remover, plastic spatula, lots of swearing), the area that had the adhesive on it is now 'polished' or more likely - the 'frozen paint' is gone, exposing the dull gray paint. Upon fitting the new Performance OEM CF spoiler, I realize that there is an approx 1/4" (0.5 cm for my fellow Canucks) of exposed dull paint at the outer edges of the spoiler. I haven't installed it yet (plan to do so with BetaLink). So.... would you go ahead with the install and try not to notice it? or should I re-install the OEM and bring the pretty, sleek CF spoiler back to the dealership? I understand it's a matter of preference, but I'm curious as to what you all think. My wife is like "What the hell, you can't even see those little spots". But you know how we all get when we're looking at our car in meticulous detail....
IMG_9584(1).JPG
IMG_9583(1).JPG
IMG_9584.JPG
IMG_9582.JPG
IMG_9581.JPG
IMG_9577.JPG
IMG_9579.JPG
IMG_9583.JPG
Attached Images

Last edited by rb1997; 04-16-2017 at 09:29 PM..
Appreciate 0