View Single Post
      03-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #39
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Nguyen View Post
"I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself" - Ferdinand Porsche

I like Porsches, I like American V8s, and I like race cars. What am I alluding to?
Well, to simply put it, I will be taking my Porsche 964 and putting a Chevy LS based engine into it with the overall end results of a streetable race car. Because what fun, really, is a car that can't be driven whenever you wanted to.

However, to me speed is only one part of the equation. The car's going to take on styling cues of a race car from the exterior, but have a relatively tolerable and factory-esque interior, aside from a few various interior race bits here and there. I like to think of it as a wolf in wolf's clothing. Sounds wrong in every way? Sounds perfect to me. Speed, handling, styling, and comfort. The best part about building a car how you want it is that there is no bad part.

Why? I will only answer this question once. Because.
Because...race car.

(I think I see the storm clouds brewing already on the basis of those three simple words above as I finish this post)
I'm subscribed - I think its interesting what he's doing and am looking forward to the final product. I don't know if its truly a Porsche anymore, but its an interesting hybrid and I'm very curious. Kudos to you.
Appreciate 0