07-17-2009, 06:41 PM   #31
Mote
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 - 1991 E30

Nearing The Finish Line!

UPDATE 7/17/09 ALMOST THERE!!
So yesterday Chris (the mechanic on the project) calls me up and tells me that the clutch is unfortunately pretty worn through. His first visual inspection showed that it looked to be in good shape but really no way of knowing until he dismantled the clutch. So I had to come up with a solution for this. Who better to turn to than my own sponsors! So I sent ACT Clutches an email and asked them for an E36 M3 race clutch. Unfortunately they were back ordered on that clutch and i'll have to wait till the end of the month for it.
However, Chris happened to have a Sachs racing clutch on hand and has graciously loaned it to me in the meantime until the ACT unit arrives! So with that on the car, it's time for a short shift kit, right? Right!

So here you can see the RMS short shift kit already on the car. This is a great piece. And the throws are sooooo short. A bit notchy but I like that in a shifter.

A few modifications were needed to be done in order for everything to fit properly. One of them being the intake manifold. As you can see in this picture the brake booster is situated right where the intake manifold rests. So a bit of the manifold had to be hammered in order for this to clear. The result is a perfect fit and no restriction on flow either.

Here's some photos of the headers installed. This also too some modifying in order to clear the sub frame.

Here's the engine in the car and almost ready to go!

New hoses, new belts, new fans, new throttle body, new MAF and even new drive shaft. This car should drive like new once it's done! Today I believe Chris was going to fire it up for the first time! Wish I could be there for it, but he needs to turn it on to finesse some stuff. Soon however..we are nearing the finish line!
Appreciate 0