05-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #7
askjeeves
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3/spece30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Yeah, this is what it would depend on. If you're not willing to splurge, forget about MacBooks. But they seem to fit your requirements, provided you're willing to pay for it.
thanks for the input guys.

I would like to keep price to >$1500. It's just not necessary to spend more on a laptop for my mom. Even that much is overkill, but I know she will have the computer for a while so I can justify it.

I went and checked out the selection at Best Buy, just to get an idea of what's available. I was really disappointed that they don't have a single Windows based laptop that doesn't feel like garbage. All they stock seem to be the lower end models from each brand.

And so I looked at the Macs. They certainly have the quality and style I am looking for. My only concern is that since my mom has never used a Mac, she will be bugging me all the time to figure things out. And since I have never had a Mac it might be a hassle. Then again, might be a good way for me to get experience with Macs.

So at this point the considerations are:
Macbook Pro 13"
Macbook Air 13"
Samsung series 9 is awesome but too expensive
Sony Vaio S Series? - Anyone have experience with this model? I will check it out at the Sony store tomorrow.

Anything else I should be checking out? (sorry for the long post)