View Single Post
      09-16-2007, 12:36 PM   #53
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
Rep
Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
I can't decide wtf to buy. I like the S5 as a dd. But now I'm hearing 14/21 mpg and a hefty gas guzzler tax. I'm leaning back towards the 335xi again. I really want the M3, but don't know that I want two 3 series cars at the same time. That's not really a bad thing though.

If I do go 335xi, then I kept telling myself to get another 911S, but another low mileage used 06/07.
IMO, I could never buy a BMW all wheel drive sedan or coupe. To many better offerings on the market. No sports suspension for Xdrive means no brainer for me. If you could hold off, the rumor is the new B8 will be putting biturbos on the 3.2 litre. For me, that would be the AWD car to buy. It should get better mileage as well. I am not a big fan of all wheel drive anyway...mass, complicated system, drive train loss, and poor mileage. I live above 5500 feet and yet there are only a few days a years where the highways are not passable. Snow tires on a rear wheel drive platform will perfom in the snow as well as all season tires with all wheel drive. All wheel drive doesn't make much of a difference if the tires are not getting traction.
Appreciate 0