12-09-2009, 01:44 PM   #52
skim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suareezay View Post
It would be perfectly practical for me (I don't need a backseat or cargo space, I'm fine with gas mileage, the suspension doesn't bother me), and it would just be a different experience. Not necessarily better. It's hard to pass up on what is commonly referred to as the best drivers car BMW has ever built, save for the m3 csl.
starting in 2003 when i got out of college, i've owned quite a few cars (one year i went thru 4 cars and drove parents ABSOLUTELY insane).
now as an owner of e90 m3 and e86 m, i can honestly say e86m is the funner car (possibly funnest overall, except s2000 in a few occasions)
it sounds like you have your mind made up already. it really is hard to not like the e86 - design is love or hate to a lot of people and to me honestly it looks like a million $ car and i have people giving me thumbs up and rolling down windows on road to ask about the car a lot. never happened with the m3 (not that i care what people think on the road, but it's certainly good to get thumbs up)
good luck with your search and decision