View Single Post
      12-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep
Drives: Regensburg Factory E92M3

list your interior/instruments functionality dislikes

I've had my new 2013 ZCP M3 for over 4 mos. As this is my 1st BMW I was overwhelmed by the number of options I was not familiar with. Some Idrive options like split screen I admit I still don't understand the intended usefulness. But mostly I am very satisfied. Here is a list of little things that I dislike about the interior that I think come short of my expectations. I am curious if anyone share any of these, or has something to add ?

- Current radio station XXX.X FM is not displayed anywhere unless you touch the console keys or change the station. I believe firmly when a radio is on, it should be displayed at all times. As for example in traffic you might change the station from the wheel but are too busy on the road and can only peek at the Idrive screen a few seconds later, and you see NOTHING then. That sucks.

-Not enough programmable buttons. Should be at least 10 or 12+.
I already reserve two for idrive oil and onboard computer. That leaves only 5 for radio.

-Radio volume knob is minuscule. I know there is volume buttons on the wheel but why did they have to make the main one so tiny ?

-windshield, face, feet vents electronic ON/OFF is deactivated in AUTO AC mode. Why can I not choose what vent I want on and which one I want off, in AUTO mode ?

-AC not cool enough. Ok this is off topic. But my new car AC isn't cooling well . I can have it run for half an hour in auto while driving and the interior temp measured independently with a reliable thermometer is still 8 deg F higher than what is on the BMW display. Even if I increase the AUTO strength to max. Still not right.

-Half ass job on the automated seat belt dispensers. My 1992 Nissan maxima did a much better job with automated seat belt dispensers. Faster. More reachable. Not some measly plastic guides. It works but looks like it was added without enough thinking.

-Idrive reactivity slowwww. When I click on something on the IDrive why does it take like 0.3-0.5 seconds to respond ? Looks like it is an intentional added delay. Anything slower than 0.1 seconds is human detectable. Same for the navigation exploring mode, so damn slow (I know 2008 Idrive was even slower).

-I have the premium interior with extended leather. But the plastic they use at other places easily gets marks if you rub (door sills).

-Having to do a double take to open doors when you are inside the car.
Appreciate 0