10-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #30
VMcV3y
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC; 2012 M3 Cabriolet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by carzfan1 View Post
Hello fellas. been a member of this thread since 2009... i don't post much but here it goes:

So I currently own a 2008 BMW e90 328i sedan...
I've had it ever since I was 16. Love it a lot. have modded it as much as one can-

cat back straight pipes
M3 rep competition 19" wheels
M3 rep front and rear bumper
BMW performance trunk spoiler..

blah blah blah who cares--

I've always resented the fact that my car had very little power.
I'd love to mod this car but unfortunately the 328i isnt really performance built.

I have two choices now- (used) manual 335 or an (used) manual M3.

I know that the 335i is considerably slower than the M, but its cheaper too.
my goal (if given the 335) would be to mod it aggressively JB4, intake, tune, performance exhaust.. all that good stuff. Hopefully with all the mods, i can surpass the M3's bhp. all the money ive saved getting a 335 instead of an M3, i can put into performance mods. Then the issue is reliability. Im scared that the turbos will blow out ect... if im not careful.

On the other hand... the second option would be to go balls to the wall and get the M3. I understand that it would be more expensive, but it would be a fucking rocketship compared to my 328i. Its a dream to drive in the corners, looks more aggressive, and better. and above all it comes with the "M" badge.

the things is that the 328i and the 355i are still in the same category... in the sense that the engines are similar. but the M3 is a completely different ball game. I wouldn't even know where to begin modding. I'd probably stick to visual mods then when i felt comfortable enough- move forward with performance items.

I'm posting here because you guys are the experts, by knowing the M3 in and out. i'd like to hear some of your personal stories on what or even how you chose the M3- were you happy with the power? what more did you do performance wise? how's the reliability, is servicing a bitch? I'd like to know everything you wish you knew before making the choice.

thanks,
all comments appreciated!

Which one? M3.

Why? Here's why:

Link to the Houston ///M Club: http://www.houstonmclub.com

Link to the Houston 335i Club:

- V

2012 ///M3 Cabriolet; Le Mans Blue Metallic. >177k miles and still rocks!
Appreciate 0