View Single Post
      07-30-2011, 12:35 AM   #1
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW M4

I went out for a spin in a rocket ship today...

Well since about a month or two, I’ve been slightly on the fence on dumping the m3 for a GTR - yeah I'm nuts I know. Before today I had never sat in a GTR, let alone go out for a spin in one. Since I won’t be ready to actually buy until about Nov-Dec, I was hesitating to reach out to dealers for a test drive (which would have been hard in any case)

Well, a day ago a PacNW GTR owner and member of NAGTROC offered to take me for a spin in his GTR. Today, he went out of his way, spending a long time in traffic, getting to me in Issaquah and then took me out for a drive.

Okay so basically I did a very, very bad (good? ) thing by sitting in his GTR… HOLY @(*#@($*#@ .. this thing is INCREDIBLE!!!! It’s a rocket ship! My M3 feels like a Toyota Camry now … I was slightly one the fence before. Now I am 100% certain that I’ll be in a GTR in the next few months.

Also I was expecting the GTR to be harsher – and even though his GTR has a KW coilover setup, is lowered and has de-catted midpipe – It felt very comfortable (stiffer than my M3) but not crazy at all. I feel my wife won’t freak out and will be happy in the GTR (happy wife = happy life). BTW, with his catless midpipe setup.. the GTR sounds about ten times meaner than my V8 M3 … !! It was amazing!

Well basically I'm soon to be a GTR Owner... now I just need to sell my M3
Appreciate 0