08-19-2009, 12:13 PM   #14
Ryan@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: ACR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRETT0429 View Post
looking for black i want to use my oem 19" tires please quote price witrh shipping and time frame to 11590
sent you PM~! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans_Blue_M View Post
I really like the wheel design, and the material consruction, but something about the 19" sizing is puzzling.

I cannot possibly understand why Peter (owner of Alloy Technic) would build the 19" sizes in the stock wheel widths ONLY. (8.5 front. 9.5 rear) There are no options available for individuals who prefer slightly wider wheels and tires. It's pretty clear that most aftermarket wheels buyers like wider wheels.

No 19x9 front option or 19x10-19x10.5 rear option?

That is a very odd decision for an aftermarket wheel brand.

I will have to contact him to find out why he did that...

Oh well...PM me a price shipped to 77384 on the following 20" fitment:

20x9 et27 front

20x10.5 et27 rear

Finish: Brushed/Clearcoat
Sent you PM... Lemans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter@*******perts View Post
Since I helped tool and develop the product, I can answer that question....

The forgings were made first for the std E90/92 which need to be 8.5 and 9.5. Then, when the M3 came out, the decision was made to use the same forging but made a special offset for the M3. Otherwise, AT would have had to tool another blank for the 9 front and 10.5 rear, only for use on the M3 rear, and based on estimated sales numbers, that would not have been cost effective.

Peter, thanks for the support and the answer to that question.

hopefully, sometime, in the future we will be able to see some more new and exciting offerings from Alloy Technic. Although, I do know that we have more in the pipe line right now