04-29-2012, 06:55 AM   #10
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DansM View Post
great info. i dont mind a bit stiffer. as long as a can retain EDC and change it to be a little softer to more aggressive as i please. how low can this kit go and how low do you have it?
Close to 2 inches in front (after settling) and .8 in the rear. Net net, it's lower than anyone should really go.

I also like the adjustability because when winter is around I will raise the car a touch for clearance and drop in my winter OEM 18s.

During my research I read many reviews on all set-ups. It's quite subjective what a "harsh ride" constitutes. I know two people (same car, HR set-up, and one hates it and the other loves it, and the car feels fine to me

If I were you, read all the "Stickies" about suspension and make a decision based on your own objectives. No matter what you read, Springs will wear out your stock dampers sooner than stock springs - you'll see this explained in a sticky. The cost to replace stock EDC dampers is close to $2,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HREM3 View Post
I've done a good bit of searching. It seems there are negative reviews about all springs most people go from H&R to Eibach and they say its a huge improvement. some people say Eibach still has a bouncy ride in some situations.

I havent heard anything negative about Dinan other than their price. And KW sleeve too few people have I feel.
I think less people have KW Sleeves due to price. If goal is not to adjust height, probably fine going with normal springs (Eibach, H&Rs). I've had very positive KW experiences with other cars, so I'm just going with what I know.

Dinan I considered, but price is too steep and the drop is not aggressive enough (.5 inch). I'm sure the quality is top shelf.
Appreciate 0