Life the Universe and Everything
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK OPS
I guess most Dinan mods, exhaust, intake and software will not affect the warranty?

Nice car!
No, it doesn't.
Incorrect, if something breaks and bmw proves it was dinan that caused the problem, dinan picks up the tab up until the bmw warranty wears off...

I had a problem and this is what BMW of NA sent back to me, I will however say that Dinan will fight for you as they are doing for me but if BMW can find an excuse to void the warranty, they will.

Read the following:

Due to the Dinan software on the vehicle’s DME module, all warranty work relating to the power train will need to be approved by BMW of North America, LLC ’s (BMW NA) field representatives to ensure that it is a defect and not failure caused by modification to the vehicle with Dinan. Please note on page 27 of the service and warranty manual states:

warranty does not apply to the following:
….
Modification of the vehicle or installation of any
performance accessories or components
attached to the vehicle which alters the original
engineering and/or operating specifications or
which result in damage to the other original
components, electrical interference, electricalshort, radio static, water leaks and wind noise.

The Dinan software install on the vehicle has caused excessive stress on the vehicle’s engine components, which could potentially void the warranty.

So you see, you could end up with a headache, In my case Dinan is steping up...

Cheers and enjoy the mods! Stage 3 suspension is pure joy...