07-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #34
italyix
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PO View Post
It's good to hear that they are acknowledging that there is an issue. I made the mistake of letting mine go out of warranty.

I have noticed that if I drive it hard it shifts much better.

My issues are mostly at low RPM (notchiness), but recently, I have ground 2nd gear twice badly at high RPM.

I have posted this elsewhere but changing the clutch fluid (surprisingly) made it quite a bit better.
Soooo...SA just called me. They acknowledge there is an internal issue with the transmission and they have authorized a new one!!!! Will come in next week. Gotta love CPO...$50. Oh ans I asked about the clutch as well, being that the car is an 08 and they stated the car was not disassembled yet so they could not check on the clutch. I did say that should there be a clutch issue, i want to provide one of my own, as the BMW ones are too expensive. SA said there should be no issue, however should there be a problem with the clutch later down the road, they would not warranty it. I'm OK with that, i can get it done somewhere else. cheaper, seeing how OEM clutches are extremely expensive...but you cant beat free labor.