DRM2RLTY
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Coupe (2009)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltigeur View Post
-

Excellent combo - was my 2nd fav choice. Congrats too on ED: one of the best things to do!
Thanks! Congrats to you too! The part about having to wait to get your car back really sucks, but I don't think I would do anything but an ED from now on.
But I can't imagine what you're having to deal with, hope you get your M back soon. I was all cranky this morning because the ship (Maersk Wave) that my car is on didn't leave on time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltigeur View Post
+1,000 I had 2 weeks and not long enough. Like you I had spent a lot longer ovef there - in total ~ 10m - but not w/ an M3.
Funnily enough, the day after I got back from Munich, I ended up getting a job offer in Basel. Oooh just the thought of being able to drive the M all around Europe. So my wife and I are in the middle of seriously contemplating taking the offer.

Agreed. I skipped the Factory Tour but will be back there next year.

That's a good deal. We stayed here:

http://www.kempinski-vierjahreszeite...home/index.htm

was ~ 250 EUR (worth it IMO, best service ever). Saw John Bolton at breakfast ...(former UN Ambassador).
Factory tour was cool.. Unfortunately, the tours in english were sold out, so I ended up doing the german tour, I didn't understand a word, but I didn't care. Just being able to see how they put the the cars together was enough for me..
I stayed at the Kempinski in 2006, total class! For what I paid at the Marriott, I thought it was going to be a dive, but was I pleasantly surprised.
Appreciate 0