View Single Post
      10-29-2009, 02:28 PM   #8
rfalls
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfalls View Post
Okay Got a quote from another D.C. area dealer.

New E92 that he doesn't have in stock but that he can get from another out of state dealer. MSRP $73,670. Originally his sale price was $70,695.00 with .9% financing. I then told him that I had a couple other D.C. area dealers, who were offering me closer to 65K. He said that the only way he could get below $70,695 is to "punch" the car and treat it as a demo. That way, he has extra cash from BMW that enables him to get the price down to $68696.80. When I asked about trunk money, he said that BMW was not offering any trunk money (he wouldn't budge on this assertion).

Here are the specs --

Jerez Black Metallic
Black Novillo Leather
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package (Carbon Leather interior trim)
Technology Package
Double-clutch Transmission
19" wheels w/performance tires
Park Distance Control (rear)
Satellite radio w/1 year sub.
iPod and USB adapter
Smartphone Integration
Enhanced Premium Sound

Thoughts? Has anyone heard about "punching" a car. Still have the other E92 that has a few less options, but is basically the same car for $65,733, albeit at 476 miles on it and a demo. I decided against the E90 sedan because it doesn't have DCT (a pain to drive stick in the start and stop commute into DC).

I still think there is room for this dealer to go down in price, but he appears to be rigid. He also claims he has the additional transportation cost to get the car from out of state.

Thanks in advance.
Amazing about movement when there is some competition. Have gotten the dealer down to $64,596.80. Can get 2010 for $68365.
Appreciate 0