United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruebsteak View Post
And the answer is.......F@$k yeah.

I first loaded the ESS Akra tune without the exhaust installed per ESS recco, and it felt like it pulled a little harder for sure.

The next day I installed the exhaust system and I felt a very noticable difference in throttle response and torque.

The sound is perfect, not too loud, no freeway drone, nice low grumble off the start, nice loud rasp in 3rd at 6-8k, great note on the freeway when you one or two gears too high. It makes you want to drive differently and the driving experience is more pleasurable.

I can't wait to drive it today, it's been a few days as i've been down with the flu.

Carbon tipe looks bitchen too...

BTW, I installed the BMC filter and it seems to take from the exhaust experience by adding an awkward intake rasp. I will be swapping them to verify that's what it is and will report back my findings. I will tell you that the BMC was the first mod I did and I liked the added sound I got from the intake, but now I'm not so sure it compliments the exhaust system.

Also,
Thanks a bunch to Roman and the guys as ESS for everything!!!
Is this your first exhaust mod and if not what exhaust did you have prior to the Akra?

Thanks

Cheers
Appreciate 0