10-11-2009, 07:34 PM   #9
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post
i'm in CA. none of the autozone or pepboy having it in stock. Special Order only. I went to dealership, they said it is not under warranty and made me buy one quart. They put it in for me.. but i'm kinda piss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooowowizstev View Post
Yeah, I need engine oil too but they're telling me its not free and that I'll have to pay for it when I go in tomorrow. Can anyone confirm if this is true?
Quote:
Originally Posted by endofanera7 View Post
Many dealerships wont give you free oil unless you know a SA there. So if you want free oil for life, be friendly with an advisor at your dealership.

Even if you have to buy it, it's not that expensive. Only $10 a quart.
What dealers? It would be helpful if everyone posted what each dealer said and if you bought the car from them.

I'd be pissed if I bought the car there and they don't top it off. If should be covered if the car is telling you it needs oil.
It's basically up to the dealers and with the slow economy, many are not doing it.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."