View Single Post
      09-16-2007, 01:49 PM   #57
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Well...for what the M3 is likely to cost, I would expect more from it (DFI and brakes). Whether or not these things are needed is another debate, but we expect more in this competitive market. I mean as great a car as the M is going to be, it's not like it's crushing the competition. The z06, on the other hand, stomps most everything within striking distance of it's price and many well beyond it. So, as much as I am not a typical vette fan, I am willing to forgive it for it's flaws because it more than makes up for it in peformance.

Not many other cars can say that. But, of course, most of us here wouldn't want that type of car anyway.
Which is why I think BMW is going to surprise us all and sell the M3 at an MSRP of 55k in the USA. (just a hope of mine)

I know they wont have too much of problem selling 50,000 of these babies on our soil at that price!

Oh and that would also make it the best bang for the buck in its class and several classes above that too....then we can all stop bickering and get this forum in the right direction.

Jason