11-29-2009, 11:29 AM   #74
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalare View Post
MTM chip may not be all it's cracked up to be in terms of gains over stock. There's a long thread on audizine b8 s4 forum that shows APR's dyno at over 300 to the wheels stock. There is another members dyno as well that shows over 300 to the wheels...again, bone stock. Audi seems to be underrating the S4 by quite a bit. Interesting read and sounds promising for the S4.

On another note, I love the M3...but I wonder how many people here are blindly saying "M3 power" without having test driven an S4?
Agreed, but having owned an M3 DCT and driven the S4 on several occasions I can say that while the S4 will put up a good fight at the start, after about 85mph the M3 will start to open a gap, slowly at a start but building as speeds increase. Those that simply have to have rwd will never warm to the S4 but keep an open mind and it can be even more rewarding to drive on the street as the tail slip is not only less but more gradual and easier to bring back.

As for the figure the S4 is really making is up for debate, I know it's more than quoted but doubt it's higher than between 6~8%.
Appreciate 0