03-30-2008, 08:40 AM   #2191
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw-m6 View Post
well, then, whats the point of the feedback system in the first place ?

i forgot the feedback comparison, but isn't Ken's a higher number and at 100%, while the dealerships is LESS than Ken's and LESS than 100% ?
To clarify my statement, his feedback was mentioned as a reason why this wouldn't be a hoax meaning he'd be "risking" it. I simply meant that I didn't feel that would be enough of a motivator to prevent someone from doing something like this if in fact it was a hoax.

Yes the feedback system is the model around which ebay is modeled, but it's far from infallible. I've seen everything from retaliatory negative feedback that was unwarranted to feedback profiles that were propped up with phony positives on a bunch of low dollar BIN auctions with multiple accounts on the same day. On my own selling account, I receive feedback on only about 50% of the items I sell. The bottom line is folks know what they want and they want it cheap. They're willing to set aside all reason in hopes that they can score a too good to be true deal.

When it comes to ebay - caveat emptor. THAT is the lesson to be learned from this circus. It just so happens that it applies to sellers as well as Fil has found out.
Appreciate 0