View Single Post
      06-03-2014, 06:37 AM   #2
lutfy
Captain
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, NASA ST5 86, Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by first350 View Post
Looking for some help/suggestions...I've been reading tons online, and am going nuts with this.

-Stock 2011 ZCP E92 w/ 45K miles, just changed to PFC-08 pads & Ti shims in preparation for an upcoming track day.
-I've changed my own brakes pads for over 15 yrs, everything from civics to dedicated track cars.
-pad swap went smoothly, cleaned up the rotors some, added a good amount of "anti-squeal" lube between the pads and Ti shims, and also between the shims and the calipers.
-went to bed in the new pads, and everything seemed great...once things cooled down a bit, any light braking (0-35MPH), the front brakes squeal like crazy; sounds worse than metal-on-metal!

-I took off the wheels and re-checked everything...no obvious issues. so I cleaned out the rotors; cleared out the drilled holes, sanded both rotor faces by hand, then vacuumed up the whole rotor. the issue still persists.

Any other suggestions? I'm close to just buying a new set of rotors...but dang, $1K for a new set of front rotors is harsh. I bought the PFC-08 specially b/c it could handle the track and wasn't noisy for DDing...

Thanks!
Whomever sold you the 08s didn't tell you plus pre purchase you didn't know they squeal? All dedicated track pads too.

I got used to mine.
Appreciate 0