View Single Post
      07-05-2008, 12:22 PM   #32
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ View Post
Aww the liberal name calling.. Lets try and not make your next post personal and lets stick to the issue alright?

First off we are not in a recession, a recession is a term that has a definition. People have been using this term improperly including yourself.

My housing example was a simplified example of what is going on and what has happened with each down cycle of the market, its basic market economics. When items become overvalued they always correct to true market value. In the past few years we have seen stocks rise at incredible rates driven by speculation, same with housing. They are in the process now on correcting.

Site all the job numbers you want, but unemployment overall is at an all time low and by economic terms we are in full employment. Yea if it was 10-15% unemployed you might have a point but when we are at 5% you dont.

But if you want to look into the job loss of 60k people actually closer to 70k people lets look at the industry that took this job loss.. Want to take a guess? Your right construction and manufacturing.. Both of which are related to the housing market downturn due to overvaluations, remember in the housing boom we never had an issue of supply and demand, we had plenty of supply but price was inflated by speculators.

And again your looking at short term crap which means nothing, no one invests or can predict the short run, you must always look at the glass half full and look to the future, and if you look at our long term past its a good indicator that we always get out of market cycles such as what we are in.

This doom and gloom crap only works for a short time, eventually people take a look around and realize its simply not true.

And people are spending, go out to eat my friend, just look on this forum and others. People are still buying luxury cars and luxury items, granted they might not be selling at the same rates they were a year ago but they are still going strong. Also Investment is at an all time high, even in our crap housing market people are buying up homes at a discount now and renting them out in hopes of 5 years from now they will appreciate, some will some wont, but over any 10 year period most homes in normal locations its a safe bet to say they will appreciate between 5-8% a year.
I guess you did not understand...again...
I did not call you the names -- I pointed out that you were calling me the liberal and BO/HC names...

Go out and eat...spend...
Don't you realize that the restaurant food, gas, energy, services, grocery foods prices rose at least 2x more than the average salaries raises in the USA. People are making less today than a year ago.

You may be lucky, but the MAJORITY of people in this country live worse today than a year, two or three years ago, period. But you, like O'Riley (name calling) do not realize that...

A few examples for you:
- gas prices today and a year ago.
- City water prices went up 8% in August of 2007 and 14% 2 weeks ago
- FPL (FL Power & Light) went up 18% last month
- my pool service was increased by 15% last month
- my lawn service by 10%
- my favorite dish in my favorite restaurant went up by 17% in the last 3 months...
- bread in a local grocery store went up from $2.69 to $3.19

Welcome to reality
Appreciate 0