08-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
kaiv
IG: limited.slip
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 in a 325i Touring body!

Suspension dilemma: KW or JRZ?

A little background:

I've had an E36 on Bilstein PSS, E46 on KW V2, E90 on KW V3s.

The monotube Bilsteins were valved too stiff IMHO.

The KWs, I loved. They were smooth yet handled track work like a champ. I tracked my E46 for 3 years. Plus the V2s are 1 way so easy to adjust.

Then I moved on to an E90. I was so satisfied with KW that I got that again. V3s this time.

They were perfect on the E90. Super smooth ride and great on the track. Keep in mind the car doubles as my daily driver.

If anything I felt they were a little slow in quick transitions on a big car like that but I'm thinking I that could've probably been adjusted.

The other thing is adjusting this stuff is not exactly my forte. If you ask me on a 2 way setup there's one too many knob I like the simplicity of a 1 way setup. I like to drive rather than messing around and trying different settings that are independently adjustable yet affect each other o_O

Now I have an E92 and I'm looking for suspension.
I've narrowed it down to 3 choices:

A) KW Clubsport (the 2-way version).
A step up in track performance from the V3s I'm used to. I wonder how they ride though. I do care about my street comfort.

B) KW V3 with GC street plates. What I had in the E90. Loved it but again I wouldn't mind trying something new, something that's faster around a track!

C) The newer JRZ RS1. Not many reviews out there but they seem like great dampers. People kinda make it seem as if they are comfy as V3s yet as fast as Clubsports. Could that be true? I do like that they are 1 way adjustable for simplicity's sake. They are not cheap though compared to the KWs. I'm also concerned they might be stiff due to being monotube.

So there you have it. I would love to hear you guys' opinions, especially those who both track and daily their M3.
Appreciate 0