View Single Post
      01-22-2009, 04:04 PM   #9
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft View Post
Ok here is my current situation. I bought a E46 M3 brand new back in 2003 and paid what the dealer was asking which was MSRP. No discounts, just saw the price and gave him the cash. Yes foolish of me of not doing any bargaining... I was basically what every car salesman wishes their customers would be!

Now I am seriously thinking of buying a '09 M3 coupe. I configured it on bmw.ca with an MSRP of $80,400. What discounts should I expect to get off MSRP? What is this dealer "invoice" price I frequently read about? How do I find this invoice price?
I should note I will be trading in my current 2003 M3 and paying off the difference entirely (no financing/leasing). The stealership I will be going to would be Budds' in Oakville or possibly the one in Mississauga since those are the closest to me (I'm in Burlington), but wouldn't mind hitting some stealers in Toronto if the deals offered are better.

Please, give me some pointers on being a better negotiator and how much MSRP I can get the salesman to take off without being annoying to him
3% is pretty normal even on an ordered M3.
Appreciate 0