02-01-2013, 01:44 PM   #56
two+2
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP Grey Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckRodgers View Post
This is why I laugh a bit when software reviews include words like "insane" "massive" "crazy" to describe the difference the tune makes to the car. At the end of the day you are picking up a few HP, some added options and maybe someone who tweaks your throttle map to make the pedal more sensitive.
I think its common sense that any tune to an NA car will only net a small incremental gain in HP. Nevertheless, additional HP is gained with the tune and you are getting what you paid for. I can't expect a (for example) $1000 tune to net me 100hp.

All that said, the throttle mapping, timing and other wizardry (to us unsophisticated folk) that goes into a tune does improve overall drivability and makes my experience in the car that much better.

Spend your money where you want to, I for one am very happy with my BPM Tune. Call it what you will, its my testimonial and my own feed back. I have not compared it with other tunes, nor do I plan to.

At the end of the day, this forum is meant to share info so providing a good review for a crappy product is counter productive.

Thanks for the feedback OP.
Appreciate 0